The Power & Health Benefits of Organic Food
If there is one major change that a person could make to help improve their health, deciding to eat Organic Food would be at the top of the list. Eating Natural & Organic food is one of the most beneficial things that you can do. The Power of Organic & Natural Food is simply amazing and you will see the benefits in so many ways. Let’s break the subject down a bit…
Let’s take a quick look at Modern Food in general.
Unfortunately, much of our modern food supply is full of foods and drink with artificial ingredients, preservatives and chemicals. Herbicides and pesticides are also used to grow most of these foods. This not only contaminates our food, it also pollutes our water, soil and air, causing additional health and environmental problems. Our meat & dairy supply is also contaminated by chemical feed & unsound factory type facilities. Most of us are aware of this problem. If you are not I encourage you to do some research in this area. There are many great articles and websites on the subject.
Mainstream diets are heavy with three main things
1) Refined Sugar
2) Refined & Hydrogenated Oils
3) Preservatives , Chemicals & Additives
These foods are simply unhealthy for you. They are also causing many health problems in our society. These food types are actually considered “Poison” by many health experts. Obesity and Diabetes are now at very high levels, with school age children leading the statistics. Cancer and other modern ailments are also very prevalent. It is simply time for a change. Fortunately the solution is very simple.
What can we do about it? What’s the simple solution?
The simple solution is to Eat Organic & Healthy Natural Food. It’s that simple. At the very least you should be eating Natural food. These types of foods have ingredients that do not contain any refined sugars & oils, preservatives, chemicals or additives. Organic food is pure food, grown without added pesticides or herbicides. This is even better. You are simply taking all of the unhealthy “poisons” out of your diet. When you take all of these unnatural chemicals & foods out of your diet and out of your body you will see amazing changes in your overall health.
What are some tips to finding and buying Healthy, Organic and Natural Foods?
1. When possible buy Organic or Natural foods with only one ingredient. ( i.e. – carrots, apples, rice, almonds, beans, etc). The less ingredients the more pure the food source is.
2. Look at food labels – you should recognize all ingredients as Natural or Organic.
3. Try to find foods with ingredients that are Natural only. Organic if possible.
4. Do not buy foods with any chemicals, preservatives or chemicals.
5. Do not buy foods with refined sugar, corn syrup or hydrogenated oils.
6. If you can’t completely eliminate this type of food, cut down and make an effort to change.
7. Buy and eat Organic vegetables. They are the best food on the planet for you.
8. Buy Organic foods in season; find farms and farmers’ markets to save money.
9. When possible buy locally to support local farms and save on transportation costs.
10. Shop for special deals on Organic foods. Stock up when you see a sale. This is how to save $.
11. Buy chemical free and free range meats, eggs and dairy. All Organic if possible.
12. If overwhelmed, take it one step at a time to eliminate the chemical diet. Make an effort everyday to buy Organic & Natural and make small changes.
Yes, it costs more to buy this type of food. Yet the benefits simply outweigh the costs by a large margin. Not only will you save plenty on future health care costs, you will help change the market and bring down the costs. I understand spending extra money on food is difficult in our current economy, but factor in your overall health, which includes your mental health. Factor in the effects on your children. You can also cut costs in other areas to help you pay for the extra costs. You are basically investing in your health…it is preventative medicine and believe me it will pay off.
It is up to each of us to make a change. Buying and eating Organic food as much as possible is something that is simple and effective. Try your best to take steps to make this change.
Want more info on Conscious Living, Healthy Foods & Natural Health? Sign up for my free monthly article and newsletter and let me help you on your journey.
You can also check out my website for additional articles and resources on Natural Health, Cleansing & Well-Being – www.transformingourselves.com
To your Health!
Brian M Heater